Monday, June 4, 2012

No More Washout

Our land is anything but flat. We have hills, hills and more hills. And that means a lot few washout areas with a heavy rain. So we decided to put a flowerbed on the other side of the sidewalk to help this area.
Normally I dig and put in the beds myself but I knew this was going to be a big job and would require some gravel and extra work to stop the washout so I called in the pros.



The guys from Riddle ( a local nursery in sand springs that is like crack to me) did a awesome job and worked HARD. The dry stacked rock will help with the problem of washout and looks great.

My nephew Brant aka Bubba was home from college looking to make some cash so with his help we put all these lovelies in in just a hour. Yes, we did!!!
 I'm loving this little purple flower. Check out that star bud waiting to bloom.
 Every flower in this bed except the" burning bush" is butterfly friendly.

Love these beauties too. So I now have ANOTHER bed to weed. But totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment