Sunday, June 3, 2012

Making it pretty

This little area beside the garage needed some love. It was a wet muddy mess.
We had the retaining wall done recently to stop the hill and our neighbors from washing away.
I really didn't want to put plants here BUT thought a place to put a potting bench would be nice.

30 bags of pea gravel and a cute little potting bench that I have had my eye on for months did the trick. I think the guy at Riddle sold it to me just so I would stop asking. ( It was a display table and I asked several times before I got a yes) Ya, never know. Hubby put my soil in a big metal can and all my garden tools are stored in the stacking boxes with lids. Extra rock is kept in the red can. I even have a place to park my wagon now.
The side garage door is just to the left of the bench so I can unload my car, fill my wagon and take whatever I need anywhere in the yard.
Gardening life made easy!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Ah...I love this idea. It sounds like you and I have a lot in common. I also always have never-ending projects, but I love my home and put a lot into it. It's been a long time since I've been able to do much...since I just had a baby. But, he's becoming more independent so I'll be able to do more soon. Oh...this is Sandy's daughter Alex. I commented as anonymous until I can set up my profile and join your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex, it must be in our genes. The Romo women are natural born nesters. Congrats on your baby. Relax and enjoy these moments there will ALWAYS be a project and time to get to it. I have had a idea folder with projects for years and with all our boys grown and gone from home I can finally get around to doing some of the bigger ones.
    SO HAPPY to have contact with you my dear.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete